Plant Area Assistant Required
Plant Area Assistant
We are currently seeking an experienced and practically minded horticulturist to work in our busy plants area and, as time permits, to assist in tending to our Millennium Garden and outside public areas.
The plant area duties include plant care and maintenance, providing excellent customer service and dealing with stock replenishment and replacement under the supervision of the Plant Area Manager and team.
The Millennium Garden requires an experienced eye to ensure it is looking at its best during all seasons. You will therefore need to be fit as there will be plenty of digging, planting and some landscaping work required as part of this role.
Our normal working hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 4pm on Sundays. You must also be available to work every alternate weekend.
• Good horticultural knowledge and experience, preferably with a horticultural qualification.
• Must be physically fit and capable of undertaking the manual tasks associated with this role
• Be practical and hands-on
• Be computer literate as may be required to source & print information and obtain advice
• Excellent communication skills and have confidence when dealing with customers
• Be a team player but also be able to work on own initiative
• Happy to work outdoors in all weathers
• Previous retail experience would be preferred.
• Available to work alternate weekends.
If you are interested in this role then please email your cv together with a brief covering note to: firstname.lastname@example.org